You might be overwhelmingly pleased with your home. Whether it is a new home you have just acquired through a lucrative deal, there is a need to think beyond the comfort zone and be vigilant enough by carrying out home inspection.
A home inspection is undoubtedly a vital aspect that must be carried out especially for a new home. In fact, it should be part and parcel of the purchase contracts as a prime condition to be met before finalizing the sale.
Why is Home Inspection Important?
Home inspection is vital because of the reasons stated below;
- It helps unearth potentially dangerous defects in a house which could cause hazards in future
- It gives a buyer a peace of mind especially when the home has passed the standard requirements during the inspection.
- A buyer has the opportunity to renegotiate the price if indeed problems are found.
- A seller will have a smooth sale in the end. This is because the seller is able to deal with any issue that could impede the sale process earlier.
What to Expect During a Home Inspection.
A home inspection is done by a registered professional home inspector. The major aim is to look for defects and malfunction. The process can take more than an hour. Some of the home components usually scrutinized during the inspection include roof plumbing, electrical system, heating and cooling systems, the foundations, windows, doors and the flooring.
Finding a Home Inspector
Finding a home inspector should be very simple. There are a lot of online organizations that offers comprehensive search programs to help people locate home inspectors in their neighbourhood. For instance, Long Island home inspectors offer both online and office platforms to engage their clients and provide quality services to them.
However, before you settle on a given home inspector, you have to consider these factors;
- All the inspection fields that is covered by the inspector.
- The duration at which the inspector have been operating. Experience is vital for a quality outcome.
- Whether the inspector offers extended services such as repairs after the inspection.
- The cost of inspection.
- The length of the period it will take to produce an inspection report.
Avoid these Home Inspection Mistakes
- Ignoring home inspector’s recommendations.
- Not actively involved in the home inspection process.
- Not having a new home inspected.
- Selecting a home inspector for wrong reasons.
Home Inspection Costs
A typical range should be between $ 300 to $500.